Three Level Multi Stage Peltier Cooler Tec Peltier Cooling Module
What Does Imax Mean ?
• Imax is the direct current level which will produce the maximum possible ΔT, (i.e. ΔTmax), across the TEC with no heat load (Q=0). .
• Imax Operating below Imax there is insufficient current to deliver the ΔTmax
• Operating above Imax the power dissipation within the thermoelectric begins to elevate the system temperature and diminish ΔT.
• Imax and Vmax occur at the same operating point, i.e. Imax is the current level produced by applying Vmax to the thermoelectric device.
• Imax is not especially temperature-dependent. It tends to be fairly constant throughout the operating range of a thermoelectric device.
• Imax is NOT the maximum current that the TEC can withstand before failing.
• Thermoelectrics generally operate within 25% - 80% of the maximum current.